Monday, March 26, 2012

Song and Book: Opposites

    
      The song "Set Fire to Rain" by Adele is a song about a relationship that is not successful. there are lies that have not been sen yet, and when they are seen, it ends the relationship.The book "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins is book about two people from each district to compete and win. Katniss and Peeta are chosen to be part of  the hunger games. Along the way they start to develop feelings for one another. The Hunger Games and the song are opposite from each other and shows that not all discoveries lead to something bad.
     The song talks about how when she finds out that her partner had been cheating on her the relationship starts to fail. Yet in the Hunger games Katniss slowly starts to understand who Peeta is and the type of personality he has. For example, in the book when Katniss discovers that he is with the Careers she starts to think that that is  not possible. he seemed so nice when he risked his life to give her food when she needed it, then why is he part of them now. Eventually he is just doing this to find where Katniss is and how to protect her. The thing is that Katniss doesn't know this. Eventually she does, she knows that he would do anything to keep her alive even get himself killed. So they start to have feelings for each other In the song however, when she finds out that he has been cheating on her and taking advantage of her the relationship falls instead of growing. So they both have a different view.
     So in the real world we all see different sides to people. We never know exactly their personality. They act a certain way because of their life. We need to "research" them in order to find the reason why. I now have friends that I never thought I'd be friends with. I used to think they had a i-know-everything type of personality. Now I see  that they are different, they have a side that has never been yet discovered. I mean also I think certain people would be great friends, but hey I was wrong. They are the worst people to be friends with. They ask and ask and never let you ask. They boss you around and never let you be who you are.
     

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Shaina! I have to agree. We definately have to look for what kind of person someone is. That happens a lot with me too. Usually at the beginning of the year I have friends, but I end up finding friends who better suit me later on in the year. Right now, I have one friend who I thought was kind of too good and who I never thought I would make friends with, but it turned out she had just as many problems as me and was there for me when others weren't.

    ReplyDelete