Sunday, April 1, 2012

Less Stress with Dogs By Your Side?

     The article, "Take Your Dog To The Office And Stress Less" by Nancy Shute was about how some employees in north Carolina took their dogs to work and felt less stressed. For the people that don't own a pet or the employees that did not bring their pets felt even more stressed. Though the stress level decreases when the dog is not interrupting the employee; which makes perfect sense. Anyone would feel less stressed when they are able to do their work without being disturbed. For the non- pet owners they found the dogs pleasing somewhat also. They were able to have fun in their break. It helped them be much more relaxed, but it also depends if they are the type of person that actually like dogs.  For a person that detests dogs well then the fay would dread be be filled with stress the whole day. Dogs do make you relax because they just make people want to have fun.
     The main idea of this article was that when even there is too much work there has to be time to relax. I mean what is the point to over stress. There would not be that much stress if people would not procrastinate. Procrastination can lead to a lot of stress, but sometimes there is a lot of work unexpected. The author also wanted to state that dogs are your best friends. Dogs make you want them to want to spoil them; in which helps you relax somehow. They are your best friend because they know the way a person feels today and everyday. When a person feels down they somehow start to "show-off" what fun actually looks like. Actually the only thing they usually want to do is play the whole entire day. Dogs are like humans, but only better. They are better because they are loyal and would always stick by your side whenever a person is in danger.
     This article made so much sense to me. It made sense because since I have a dog that is always where I am, I understand. Usually when I am overstressed with homework, he always comes by by side and starts to roll around, or would bring one of his favorite toys to throw. He knows when play time starts and ends, but there are times when they want people to be content. I don't feel as stressed as I was. It actually makes me look forward to play with him. It makes me want to finish my homework faster in order to play with him. He is also like my best friend because even though he is still new he knows what goes on. He helps our whole family relax and have fun.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, when i have to do tons of homework and study for tests i always have my dog with me and does take some of the stress off. I don't know why, maybe it is because i love him so much or because i enjoy his company but i t just takes off stress. He just brings so much joy and cheer when he comes to me all happy and furry i guess thats why i am less stressed.

    ReplyDelete