Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We Are On the Outside What We Have Experienced.

       In the book Honey, Baby Sweetheart, by Deb Caletti, the main character Ruby McQueen used to be this outstanding girl, but after tiny incidents she has changed her personality from the outside, but not the inside. We change on the outside because of tiny embarrassing moments because we are afraid to be somebody that other people that surround us every day laugh at. Meaning we are controlled and afraid of who we are known as.
    The main character has changed from outstanding to brave because of sitting on a doughnut pillow in class that looks like a bathroom seat or because she has fallen down. She has been transformed into a quiet girl. I feel that we shouldn't change who we are because of small dumb moments like this. We all make mistakes, but we should just eventually forget about them because they can happen all the time. I know definitely that I have had many embarrassing moments such as falling down, or getting a really low grade on a test(which doesn't happen too often), but I eventually move beyond them because the only thing I can do is learn from them rather then take them personally.
    Ruby McQueen has changed from these moments to this shy girl, but really on the inside is a strong and powerful adolescent. For example, in the book this boy named Travis told her to hop on to his motorcycle, she did. He was riding at a really high speed, but she didn' panic. she just went along with it. This shows that even though they may look weak on the outside it doesn't necessarily mean that they are weak on the inside either. she was pretty strong in the inside. She actually had the courage to go the motorcycle and ride at a high speed without panicking.
     I can relate this back to my own life because many people are really weak on the outside, though not literally, but are really strong in specific area. such as education. Also though there are many people who are really outgoing on the outside, but in the inside they aren't even sure of who they are. they just go along with what other people are doing. I guess many people aren't leaders, but they are followers. We should know how to lead and set example ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment